Thursday, July 11, 2013

Miss Kate

This week has been one like no other in soo many ways. My last post got me to over 6,000 views and I noticed that this next post would be post #100 so I started planning something really awesome, then Wednesday (the 3rd) happened. Kate, my first best friend ever, the first friend I made when we moved to Georgia at the age of 5, the girl I have dubbed my Forever Friend, was slipping away. We have known this was going to happen, she wasn't suppose to live past age 10, yet she made it to age 22. Yes, this is just a trail of incomplete thoughts and I apologize for it, but again it has been a week. Okay back to a semblance of track... Doctors told us Wednesday (the 3rd) she probably wouldn't make it through the night and almost for sure not the weekend. She kept fighting though until Tuesday morning. So needless to say it has been a long emotionally draining week for me and thus my brain was not in the blogging mode until Tuesday afternoon when I had started to thaw out my emotions and let my strong face fade. Thus this look, built from mourning and remembrance. My 100th post is dedicated to her. I miss you Kate!


Yes I decided to go with the traditional black of mourning, however I spruced it up with some pink, which was one of Kate's favorite colors. The bows especially bring out more meaning, because for the service my sister as well as the other nanny that helped take care of Kate for the past few years made a ton of pink bows with her initials on it to hand out. Anyways I leave y'all with this before I go to bed and get ready for the funeral in the morning. She is in a better place free form pain and lounging with her Mom and her first service dog. I am happy for her, she didn't need or deserve the confines of her earthly body. She was always smiling, and could make me smile no matter how bad my day had been. I will miss her dearly, but now I have one more guardian angel looking out for me.

Now to give credit where credit is due.

Skin: cStar Limited - CE - Sweetheart 1 - Amber
Hair: TRUTH HAIR - Sierra - Black&Whites06 With hairbase
Eyes: .ID. - Valentine Eyes - Pink
Eye Effects: A:S:S - Tears in your eyes (Eye Prims and Tattoo Layer)
Lashes: .ploom. - Lashes 1
Eye Liner: cStar Limited - Cat Liner - 003 -Real Cat
Piercings: :HV: - Alice - Metal
Necklace A: Maxi Gossamer - Necklace - Keshi Pearl Heart - Short - SILVER
Necklace B: Maxi Gossamer - Necklace - Filigree Oval - Short - SILVER
Dress: Sn@tch - Juno Jersey Dress - Black
Rings: .Olive. the It's FASHION WEEK Baby! Pinky Nosy Bow Rings
Stockings: Sn@tch - Thigh High Lace Top Stockings - Black
Nails: :{MV}: - Can't Kill the Metal Nails
Pose: TeaSoup - Self Conscious (Only available on the Marketplace as far as I can tell)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design