Friday, July 17, 2015

The Shield Maiden


"You couldn't kill me if you tried for a hundred years."

I have quite possibly been watching a bit too much of the show Vikings in what free time I have these days. It worked out well because Aii had released this hair that reminded me of Lagertha, in which I took the idea and ran with it. Piecing the outfit together was definitely easy, since I already had most of the components. Thresh was released for the men's even, The Arena. It is a modifiable, rigged mesh hair that comes with both a male and a female version, as well as a version with silver or gold hooks. I thought finding an outfit would be harder than it was, but it turns out Meli Imako had one that was pretty spot on-- and it's full permissions. Personally I don't plan on using it for creations, but if you want an accurately shaped shield maiden set for your creations, definitely consider this one. SciLab happened to have this lovely high quality mesh broadsword, which was pretty close to what I was looking for. It includes two versions, one for their combat system and one unscripted, modifiable version for photographers. The shield however was non-existent from what I could find, so I made it for myself out of prims. It's not the fanciest, but it got the job done; if you want a copy, just poke me in world and I'll give it to you for free. So after donning my war paint and my favorite Mjolnir, I set out for a photoshoot of my take on Lagertha.

Now for the credits.
Hair: Aii - Thresh Hair - Silver Hooks/Female - HUD 1 (Avilable @ The Arena)
Skin: ::JOLI:: - Lucie Skin - Bare - Cream
Eyes: Ikon - Sovereign Eyes - Green
Lashes: Mon Cheri - Falsies
Liner: cStar Limited - Cat Liner - 003 - Real Cat Liner
Warpaint 1: Nuuna - Makeups v11 - 3
Warpaint 2: Dead Apples - Leopard Warpaint
Lip: Soedara - Cut Lip
Necklace: JadeDragon Designs - Thor Hammer Necklace
Vest: Peqe - Ellaria Vest - Grey
Outfit: Meli Imako - Lagherta Shield Maiden Full Outfit
Sword: SciLab - Cornerstone Broadsword
Shield: Custom.
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance Hands Female - Fist
Pose: Custom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design