Wednesday, February 11, 2015

We've Come So Far

Strawberry Singh put out her Monday Meme this week and it struck a chord with me and the outfit I was fiddling with the break me out of my Pre-Valentine's Day funk I was in. So here goes...

Meme instructions: Share when you started Second Life, when you started blogging about Second Life and talk about any Second Life blogging milestones you wish to share with your readers. 

I started SL back in college, which really wasn't that long ago considering, but since I'm a young-en the fact that I just had my 6th Rez Day is slightly remarkable in my eyes. At first I was only on for the social interactions and the clubs but I started to get hooked on the fashions when I became a +DV8+ Live Model back in the day. After a couple years of doing that I started to look into blogging and when they shut their doors I ended up with too much time on my hands, and still had my interest in fashion, so I decided to try out blogging in July 2012. From there it has been a learning experience. I looked back at some of my first pictures and just cringed at the picture quality from my craptop before I discovered how to trick it into thinking it could take a decent photo. Right now the biggest milestone I can see that is what really speaks to me here is the start of this year. In case you didn't notice, I came back with a vengeance when I got my new computer built and I am loving every minute of it. Not only has my photography improved just because better card, but now that I can see shadows and materials I am learning how to bend the lighting to my will and all those other little things I never bothered to learn because I couldn't see the difference. My whole blogging mojo seems to have gotten a revamp too with this new computer. Last month, between Kaylith and I, we did 16 blog posts. There have only been a couple months since I started this blog that we have come close to that and it feels good to be able to let my creative juices flow so freely once more.

So now to get to that part I said about my funk, because lets face it after getting my mojo back I was upset to have plateaued so quickly, and spent this past weekend raging after I finally got the two pictures taken and convinced myself I was happy with them. I was getting frustrated and everywhere I looked I couldn't find inspiration, so I decided to go out of my box and remembered seeing some off the wall stuff at [sYs] that I could play with and see if that randomness that I didn't think I could pull off got me back in my groove...


Well I ended up not going with the original dress I had in mind, because the friend I brought shopping *coughs*Lillith*coughs* got distracted in the back room where the TRON inspired dress was hiding and I wandered in and found this sculpted prim beauty. I bought it for giggles thinking there was no way I would be able to pull off the weird sleeves and ended up relishing the challenge of working with prims again, though I won't be going back anytime soon (because finding a pose was the hardest part with the prim skirt and the weird shaped sleeves). Anyways it got me thinking about how far WE have progressed as individuals and as a community since I started SL and it got me back in my groove. So here's to US!

Now to give credit where credit is due!

Skin: [Pink Fuel] - Harley - Opaline - Lid 03  - No Brow
Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ - Erika Mesh Hair - Ash
Eyebrows: +Nuuna+ - Tattoo Eyebrows 7
Make-Up: +Nuuna+ - Dow Gray (Holiday Freebie Gift - might still be out)
Eyes: IKON - Deadshine Eyes - Quicksilver (VIP Group Gift for December)
Eyeliner: cStar Limited - Cat Liner - 003 - Real Cat Liner
Lashes:  * Mon Cheri * - "Falsies"
Outfit: [sYs] - MYDNIGHT - Urban Outfit - Silver
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance Hands Female - Gesture WITH A:S:S - Crossed Polish
Pose: Apple Spice - Gown Pose 015

1 comments:

Strawberry Singh said...

A new computer always helps with the blogging mojo for me as well, lol! Thanks for participating. <3

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design