Sunday, September 27, 2015

Saudade


Saudade: The feeling of longing for someone that you love and is lost.

I can honestly say that this post was one that pushed me out of my comfort zone. I was spending time styling with my dear friend Madeleine, when I asked her to help me choose a gown to blog. She said, "Kay, this one would look incredible on you!" as she pointed to Azul's limited edition recolor of their Esmerelda mesh gown in peridot. Esmerelda comes with a mesh gown in 5 standard sizes, a system layer top, collar, sleeves, and flex-skirts. Green is definitely my favorite color, so I was excited, but instead of going with my usual dark touch... Maddy pushed me to style soft and feminine. I avoided my typical dark makeup, went with lighter colors, and utilized this shawl from Zibska. With a little tinting, I was able to get the PERFECT match that brought out the different tones in the gown. With some dark lace gloves I was able to pull out a little more of the darker tones, but not too much, while my ring (and it is special to me) pulled out the greens and highlights, even though it was very small. As for posing, I had to create my own pose, since I found some that were close, but not quite cutting it. I went with something very longing, as the mood I was in while crafting this post was missing someone special to me.

Now for the credits.
Hair: Moon Hair. - Insect Religion - Naturals 1
Skin: JOLI - Lucie Skin - Bare - Cream
Eyes: Ikon - Charm Eyes - Forest
Lashes: Mon Cheri - Falsies
Eyeliner: cStar Limited - Cat Liner - 008 - Jester Cat
Eyeshadow: Zibska - Leia
Lipstick: Topazia - Collection Liquid Lipstick 03 - Light Pink
Shrug: Zibska - Huld Collar
Gown: -AZUL- - Esmeralda - Peridot (Limited)
Ring: Dare Designs - Eternal Ring - Platinum/Emerald
Gloves: Avanti - Noir Lace Gloves - Black
Shoes: Bens Boutique - Montana Stiletto Fatpack
Hands: Slink - AvEnhance Hands Female - Relaxed
Feet: Slink - AvEnhance Feet Female - High
Pose: Custom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design