Monday, September 30, 2013

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Cancer is an evil, cold-hearted, bitch of a disease with many forms. And I mean that in the worst possible way.  It is one of those diseases that never really sunk in for me how bad it was. I mean I understand and I support the fight against it, but it never really reached out and touched me until now. Both my grandparents on my fathers side have had one form of it or another and won, but when it happened I didn't know what was going on and I never saw them decline. And my grandpa has it again but because I haven't seen them in 5 years and they live across the country it hasn't really hit me yet despite the fact that my dad is going away to help them out for a month in a few weeks while grandpa gets it taken care of, but again because this is directly following a hunting trip that both dad and grandpa are going on it hasn't settled into my brain that grandpa has CANCER. But then again I said it reached out and touched me now. I mean I see the destruction it can cause thought my best friend's loss of her mother LAST NIGHT due to this terrible disease. What's worse is that I'm on the wrong side of the country to do anything to help except be a friendly ear. It kills me that that's all I can do, and I can't even be her shoulder to cry on because my shoulder isn't there. If I had the ability to run to her right now i would, but even if I didn't have work obligations here the money isn't lying around for me to be able to get there to be there for her and it hurts. I've listened to her over the past few months as the declined happened, watched what it did to her and how it tore her up. I couldn't fix it I couldn't do anything to help as the cancer sat there and took her mother away from her. And I've broken back into the tears that started last night while I write this, but I really need my best friend to know I am there for her and will always be there for her. But for now wake us both up when September ends, because goodness knows we need a new start of some sort for the healing to begin.


Kaylith never forget I am here for you and I am soo sorry for your loss. 
RIP Kaylith's Mom September 29, 2013

Now to give credit where credit is due!

Skin: cStar Limited - Jane - Cream - Scarred
Hair: Magika - Reflect
Eyes: .ID. - City Lights - Gray
Eye Effect & Tears: A:S:S - Tears In Your Eyes
Lashes: .ploom. - Lashes 1
Eye Liner: cStar Limited - Cat Liner - 003 - Real Cat Liner
Lips: cStar - Lips Matte 100
Necklace: Maxi Gossamer - Rejuvinated Heart
Outfit: :{MV}: - Spookshow Candy - Wings
Tattoo: Letis Tattoo - The Time - MM12027
Bracelets: [tea.s] - l.o.v.e. Bangles- Silver
Nails: Sn@tch - Nail Candy - Black/White Cross
Pose: Apple Spice - Heartbroken 008

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design