Thursday, May 1, 2014

Be Brave - Blogger Challenge

So I saw this new blogger challenge and decided I wanted to join in. The blog proposes "Ask yourself this question… what is a look I’ve always wanted to try, one that for some reason, I never have dared?" Part of why I started my blog was so that I could be more adventurous with my fashion and share my combinations. As a result I have covered everything from Goth, to Geek, to dressing up like Kim Possible, to posing as a mistress and as a sub, to dressing up with antlers, to dressing down with only panties and boots on, to wild colored skin, to formal wear, and even dressing just plain casual so I almost counted myself out because there wasn't anything I could think of that I hadn't tried because I was scared to. (I do realize I haven't played with many of the mesh body parts or even furry avatars on my blog, but the first is because I don't have the funds to keep up with the trends and appliers and such and the second is because there is A LOT of modding involved be it fitting hair or a piercing or what have you and I have done it in the past before I got into this fashion blog but I have grown tired of it but hey I can pull off furry.) But I still wanted to partake in the challenge and after reading the above quoted text another time or two it dawned on me I've always been afraid to RP. I would start a look and start making the character and then shy away from it as soon as the idea was half done. This past week though I've worked to change that by joining in on an RP sim with Kaylith. "Remnants of Earth is a cyberpunk space western roleplay based on the remains of the planet Earth." So it is a sim based in one of my favorite genres to read about and thus I know a bit about the themes to work with. And well the fashion part comes easy to me because especially lately I've had a thing for the grungy rugged apparel with a more apocalypse feel to it. And thus Cinder was born...


While the fashion part came easy to me the backstory and actually putting myself out there hasn't. I am way afraid of being judged because I am totally new to this and havn't ever RPed other than little goofy stuff with my friends. There is soo much you have to take into consideration with your character even before you set foot on the sim with your backstory, and then when you do set foot on the sim you don't know anyone until you meet them IC. Your character is a totally different person with a different personality that you and it can be hard to make the distinction especially when just starting out. Luckily for me I have the support to back me up and help me with this new challenge.


Kaylith has been awesome and showed me around the sim some OOC so that I wouldn't get lost and so that I saw some actual RP taking place so that I would see what I was getting into. She even set it up so that our characters me IC right away so that I would have some RP as my character under my belt before she let me loose. She even dragged me into the sim TeamSpeak so that I could get to know some of the others so I wouldn't be scared of them when it came to seeing them on the sim and they have been awesomely supportive as well. The sim is amazing and well laid out. It is always busy, and thus a bit laggy at times, but what fun sim isn't on sl? Okay off to go try and find some more junk to trade in for better junk.

Now to give credit where credit is due!

Skin: cStar Limited - Carla 1 - Amber
Hair: .DK. - Neopunk
Ears: [MANDALA] - Pierced ELF EARS - VER 2 - Long
Eyes: .ID. - Creature of the Night - Colorless
Lashes: .ploom. - Lashes 1
Mask: Razor /// - Surgical Nurse Mask
Collar: .Pekka. - Spiked Collar - Silver/Black Metal
Tattoo: Letis Tattoo - Aeternus - FULL14002
Outfit: Razor /// - Shadow Step Outfit
Gloves: -Suicidal Unborn!- Ivy Gloves - BLACK
Nails: :{MV}: - Can't Kill the Metal Nails
Boots: Razor /// - Onslaught Boots - Black
Pose: .ploom. - b - 6 Curvy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design